If you own or work in a commercial space, there are a few things you need to pay attention to when it comes to the HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning) system. Unlike residential heating and cooling systems, commercial properties require more complex and powerful systems because the spaces are much larger and more open. While the systems themselves may vary, the signs to look for when problems arise are similar to those you would observe in your home. Here are the warning signs to look out for to determine if your commercial needs air conditioning repairs.
Increased Energy Expenses
The first sign that something is wrong is when money talks. If you notice that your energy bills are increasing significantly compared to the previous month, it’s probably a sign that things aren’t running efficiently. It’s a good idea to call in a professional and schedule maintenance on your heating and cooling systems before you waste even more money on your energy bills.
Changes in Airflow
When problems occur in commercial heating and cooling systems, they sometimes cause noticeable fluctuations in normal airflow. This could be an increase in overall air temperature or a decrease in airflow strength. Whatever the change may be, they are not signs that should be ignored. Be sure to arrange a maintenance appointment immediately.
Increased Leaks or Humidity
When a system is not functioning properly, it has difficulty regulating the humidity in a room. If you notice condensation on windows and glass or puddles of water around the device, this may be a sign of a problem. Likewise, HVAC systems can leak refrigerant, causing them to work harder to cool a room and causing other problems. Either way, be sure to call to get your air conditioner repaired.
Strange Smells or Sounds
Commercial systems often have their usual noises, but if you start hearing clicking noises or other strange noises, there is likely a problem. Additionally, if you notice strange airborne odors in your system, you should address them immediately. Pay attention to your heating and cooling systems and contact a professional immediately if you notice anything unusual with the noises or smells coming from them.
FAQs for “How Do I Know If I Need Repairs On My Commercial HVAC System?”:
Q: What are some common signs that my commercial HVAC system needs repairs?
There are several signs that your commercial HVAC system may need repairs. These include:
commercial HVAC unit
- Uneven or inconsistent temperatures: If your commercial HVAC system is not providing consistent temperatures throughout your building, it could be a sign of a problem. This could be due to a faulty thermostat, a refrigerant leak, or a problem with the ductwork.
- Strange noises: If you hear strange noises coming from your HVAC system, such as banging, rattling, or squealing, it could be a sign of a problem. This could be due to loose or damaged components, worn motors, or clogged air filters.
- Poor air quality: If your employees are complaining about poor air quality, such as dusty air or a musty smell, it could be a sign of a problem with your HVAC system. This could be due to clogged air filters, a malfunctioning air handler, or a problem with the ductwork.
- Increased energy consumption: If your energy bills have been increasing without a clear explanation, it could be a sign that your HVAC system is not operating efficiently. This could be due to a refrigerant leak, a faulty compressor, or a problem with the ductwork.
- Water leaks: If you see water leaks around your HVAC system, it could be a sign of a problem. This could be due to a clogged drain line, a refrigerant leak, or a problem with the ductwork.
Q: What should I do if I think my commercial HVAC system needs repairs?
If you think your commercial HVAC system needs repairs, it is important to contact a qualified HVAC technician as soon as possible. They will be able to diagnose the problem and recommend the best course of action.
Q: What are some of the benefits of having routine maintenance on your HVAC system?
There are several benefits to having routine maintenance on your commercial HVAC system. These include:
- Improved efficiency: Regular maintenance can help to keep your HVAC system operating efficiently, which can save you money on your energy bills.
- Extended lifespan: Regular maintenance can help to extend the lifespan of your HVAC system, saving you money on replacement costs in the long run.
- Improved air quality: Regular maintenance can help to improve the air quality in your building, which can lead to a healthier and more productive work environment.
Q: How can I prevent my commercial HVAC system from needing repairs?
There are several things you can do to prevent your commercial HVAC system from needing repairs. These include:
- Regular maintenance: Schedule regular maintenance checks with a qualified HVAC technician.
- Replace air filters regularly: Replace your air filters according to the manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Clean the evaporator coil: The evaporator coil is located inside your HVAC system and collects dust and debris. Clean the evaporator coil regularly to prevent airflow problems.
- Inspect the ductwork: Inspect your ductwork for leaks and blockages.
- Keep vegetation away from the outdoor unit: Keep vegetation away from the outdoor unit to ensure proper airflow.
Make sure you stay on top of the maintenance of your current commercial HVAC system to extend its lifespan. Replacing a commercial HVAC system can be expensive depending on the size of the room. Tudi Mechanical Systems is here to help you maintain and get the most out of your existing system with our heating and cooling services in Pittsburgh. Arrange your next preventive maintenance appointment with us today!