Tudi Health Benefits Overview
The below video was designed to help explain the new healthcare changes and our benefits program in greater detail.
We’ve engaged the services of TEC Benefits to assist everyone with navigating our medical coverage with United Healthcare, using your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and claims reimbursements.
Jessica Parker is our assigned account representative at (724) 935-2310 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you haven’t done so already, please do the following to better manage our healthcare costs:
- Prescription Drugs (finding lowest cost): Download the GoodRx app to your smartphone. http://www.goodrx.com/mobile
- Estimate Healthcare Costs: Register on United Healthcare’s website https://www.Myuhc.com. Once you register and login, use their “myHealthcare Cost Estimator” tool located on the right of the home page.
- If you have any questions regarding these tools, please contact Jessica Parker with TEC Benefits.
Healthcare Recommendations and Best Practices
- Look up your prescription on your smart phone using the GoodRx app to get a general idea of the cost. (This app is not connected to UHC and should only be used for estimating pricing.)
- Look up your prescription on the UHC Website to find out the cost or call UHC Pharmacy services for price quote.
- Consult your physician to find out if there is a generic version of your medication available and to make sure you are able to take the generic version of the medication.
- If there is no generic available, explore the option of mail order as this will most likely be the most cost effective way to buy the medication. The mail order program can also be used for generic prescriptions.
- If a generic medication is not available, you can try various retail outlets as well keeping in mind that they will often price match one another and the mail order program.
Also, don’t forget to visit www.myuhc.com and create a username and password for you and your family members.
Disclaimer: The UHC website and the UHC member services line are the best sources for pricing and network information. GoodRx is simply a tool to begin the process when navigating this plan change with prescriptions.
Scheduling Doctor Visits:
- Check the UHC Website or call UHC member services to find a provider in the network.
- Compare prices with other doctors or specialists on the UHC Website.
- Check the UHC Website or call UHC member services to find a provider that is in network.
- Avoid having the procedure in the hospital if possible, as procedures are usually most expensive in the hospital even if it is outpatient.
- If there is a surgery center or an imaging center outside of the hospital that is within a reasonable driving distance that will probably be the best value.
Also, don’t forget to visit www.myuhc.com and create a username and password for you and your family members if you haven’t already done so.
- Mail a copy of your Reimbursement Request Form & Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and/or receipts to:
TEC Benefits Reimbursement Department
1000 Brooktree Rd, Ste 300
Wexford, PA 15090
- Fax a copy of your Reimbursement Request Form & Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and/or receipts to: 724-934-2339
- Upload a copy of your Explanation of Benefits (EOB) and/or receipts to: tecbenefits.org – call Jonathan Basile at 724-935-2310 to initially set up this option (instructions attached)
If your reimbursement request is received by Friday at noon, you will have the funds direct deposited into your account by the following Wednesday/Thursday.
Shared Healthcare Stories:
Hear how our employees are saving on healthcare costs:
Sue Ocskay, in our Tampa office, has reported success with consciously purchasing services. During a recent visit to her dermatologist, she asked for the cost for the office visit. If the service was to be billed through insurance, the cost would be $258.00 plus a co-pay. When she inquired about the cost if paying at the time of service, the doctor offered $50.00!